I know, I’m late to the party. Everyone has already tried Revlon Colorstay Foundation, but I wasn’t sure that it would work for me. I was afraid it would be too thick, too heavy, cakey, etc. I didn’t think it would live up to the hype, and until I completely ran out of every other foundation I had, I wasn’t willing to drop $13 to find out. I know that sounds cheap, but I’m on a budget. A strict budget. An awful, terrible, strict budget. I hate budgets.
Anyway, onto the review!
I purchased Revlon Colorstay Foundation in the Normal/Dry formula, because I have extremely dry skin. I bought it in the shade Buff.
The claims it makes:
- Looks and feels fresh all day
- SoftFlex provides all-day comfort
- Moisture-Balanced and oil free
- Natural Flawless look
Okay, now, I always moisturize my face before I put on anything, because my skin is so ridiculously dry. I use my fingers to blend. You have to work with this quickly, so I’d advise only putting it on a small area of your face at a time and blending that way.
- It does look natural and flawless, if it’s blended correctly.
- It evened out my skin tone, and covered nicely. I’d say it’s almost a full coverage.
- Doesn’t feel heavy or cakey.
- It truly is transfer-resistant. I rubbed my face on a towel and it did not come off. At all.
- It did not oxidize.
- My face did not get shiny, and it did not make my skin any drier.
- It lasted for over 10 hours before I finally removed it.
- The color isn’t dull, it has a nice dewy sheen to it, which I love.
- No glitter or unnatural shimmer.
- It smells bad. Once it dries, you can’t smell it anymore.
- The packaging sucks. It has no pump, which is a major downside.
- It dries quickly, if you don’t work with it fast enough, you won’t be able to get it blended.
I’ve been using this for a few days now. Typically I have extremely dry, sensitive, temperamental skin that hates new products. I was worried.
I didn’t break out. It didn’t make my skin any drier. It didn’t make me get any rashes, irritation, anything like that. I honestly love it. I’ve never loved a foundation. I’ve always had major issues with each one, and just “lived” with it. But this one is different, and for that, I’m happy.
Personally, I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a good drugstore foundation.
If you have any questions, comments or anything, leave them here!
Thanks for reading!
**Products mentioned were purchased by me. I am not being compensated in any way for this review, and all opinions given are my honest views.**
Don’t forget to enter my Urban Decay Giveaway!