1. Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Stain, Balm, or Lip Liner?
I’m a sucker for balm stains, but Lip Stick usually.
2. How do you make your Lipstick / Lip Gloss last longer?
I make sure my lips are moisturized and re apply when needed. A lip liner can help, but they dry out my lips badly, so I end up re-applying fairly often.
3. How do you pick a Lip Color that looks good on my skin color?
I grab a color that I like and hope it looks good. 90% of the time it works out, the other 10%…well, there’s a drawer for that.
4. What are some cheap ways to take care of chapped lips?
Make your own lip scrub at home using olive oil and brown sugar. Use it once or twice a week. Moisturize your lips! I like the Nivea chap sticks & Burts Bees.
5. Favorite drugstore lip product?
This is hard…I love the Maybelline Vivids lipsticks…Revlon Balm Stains are great too. I’m not a lip gloss girl but the Revlon Super Lustrous are so nice! Hard question!
6. Favorite brand name lip product?
MAC Lipsticks. I know, predictable, but I love them! Also, Nars Lip glosses, but they’re so comparable to the Revlon Super Lustrous that I can’t justify the price tag.
7. Do you usually play up or play down your lips?
It truly depends on my eye look, but typically if I’m going somewhere other than work or running errands, I’m wearing a bright lipstick of some type.
8. Eyeliner in Pencil, Gel, or Liquid?
Pencil for lower lash line and tightlining, liquid for top lash line and I occasionally use gel liner for the bottom waterline.
9. How do you do a cat eye?
Angle the brush from your lower lash and follow where it would go if it extended outward. Draw the line back into your upper lash line and fill in the V.
10. What do you use to remove eye makeup and mascara?
Coconut oil. It seriously takes everything off with little effort. Melt a little in your hands and rub it around your face and eyes. Removes the toughest waterproof mascaras. Then, I use my yes-to-cucumbers wipes to take off the oil, and wash my face as I normally would.
11. How do you make your eye makeup last longer?
Eye Primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
12. Cream or Powder eye shadow?
Powder. I hate cream shadows, with the exception of the color tattoos, which sometimes still crease on me. I have super oily lids, so cream shadows crease on me terribly, even with a primer underneath.
13. What tricks can you do to make your eyelashes look longer?
Tightline the top lash line, curl your lashes, use a lash primer or fiber mascara, wear falsies.
14. How do you brighten up your eyes?
Light color on the inner corner and in the waterline.
15. What color(s) go with my eyes?
I have green eyes, so golds, bronze, purples, even greens.
16. Favorite drugstore eyeliner?
Liquid: L’oreal Lineur Intense. Pencil: Milani Liquif-eye
17. Favorite drugstore eyeshadow?
L’oreal Infallible and Wet N Wild. The Infallible eyeshadows are so beautiful, I wish I had more of them. The Wet N Wild palettes are nicely pigmented and so, so cheap, but tend to have nasty fall out.
18. Favorite drugstore mascara?
L’oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions. I’ll review it soon, it’s amazing.
19. Favorite drugstore eye pallette?
Wet n Wild Petal Pusher
20. Favorite brand name eyeliner?
21. Favorite brand name eyeshadow?
22. Favorite brand name mascara?
Clinique High Impact
23. Favorite brand name palette?
Urban Decay Naked
25. If you can only use one eye makeup product, what would it be?
26. What is the difference between an eye primer and an eye base?
Eye primers keep your shadows from fading and creasing, while a base makes your shadows more vibrant.
27. Any tips on applying falsies?
Practice, practice, practice! Start out with half lashes, so much easier to apply.
28. Favorite brand of falsies?
Ardell! I love them so, so much!
29. How do you pick your shade of foundation?
I try to match it by looking at it, which is incredibly difficult, but that’s the only option at the drugstore. Buy a couple, SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!, take them home, try them out and return the ones that don’t match.
30. What’s a good foundation for oily skin?
Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+
31. What’s a good foundation for dry skin?
L’oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Skin
32. What’s a good foundation for normal skin?
33. How do you pick a foundation for your skin color?
34. Tinted Moisturizer, BB Cream, or Foundation?
35. What is a BB Cream?
In the US a BB cream is a tinted moisturizer with SPF and slightly more coverage. In Asia a BB Cream has many skin care benefits, as well as SPF, full coverage, and skin lightening properties.
36. What do you use to apply your Foundation?
Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush, or my fingers. 🙂
37. How can I make my nose look slimmer or straighter?
Contour the sides of your nose with contour powder, and be sure to blend it well. Apply a highlight shade down the center of your nose.
38. Cream, Powder, or Liquid Blush?
39. Favorite foundation?
L’oreal True Match Lumi
40. Favorite concealer?
Rimmel Match Perfection
41. How do you conceal a pimple?
Dab a bit of concealer on top and all around the sides of it, and blend it out.
42. How do you conceal dark circles?
I use my Rimmel Match Perfection concealer, and set it with Benefit Powderflage.
43. How do you get rid of or lessen dark circles?
Drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, use an eye cream. You can also freeze spoons and put them on your eyelids for 5 minutes in the morning to helps with bags. Honestly, dark circles tend to be hereditary and if that’s the case, embrace it and learn to cover it.
44. What is your daily skin care routine?
In the morning, I clean my face with a Yes to Cucumbers face wipe and apply CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. At night, I remove my makeup with coconut oil, use another Yes to Cucumbers wipe to remove the oil, I wash my face with either CeraVe Cleanser or Neutrogena Naturals purifying pore scrub, use the Hard Night Good Morning face toner, and apply the Hard Night Good Morning Eye Cream, as well as moisturize the the Aveeno Night Cream.
45. What is your weekly skin care routine?
I use the Freeman Cucumber Mask twice per week.
46. How do you prep your face for makeup?
I moisturize! Then, I’ll use a primer if I need my makeup to stay put for a super long time.
47. How do you take off your makeup?
I melt some coconut oil in my hands and wipe it all away.
49. Where can you buy face masks?
Basically anywhere. I get mine from Wal Mart.
50. What facial moisturizer do you recommend?
I really like the Philosophy Take a Deep Breath moisturizer, it’s my all time favorite.
51. How can I get rid of or shrink my big pores?
You cannot get rid of them! If you exfoliate regularly and keep your face clean, they will shrink. Large pores can also be hereditary, and that’s another case where you embrace it and cover. Primers can help, such as Pixi Poreless Primer or Benefit Porefessional.
52. How do you highlight your face?
I take a small brush and dust it on the tops of my cheek bones, center of my nose, browbone and cupids bow. The highlight powder I use is The Balm Mary Lou-manizer.
53. How do you contour your face?
I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil and an angled brush, just under my cheekbones and my bottom lip. I usually don’t contour though.
54. How often should you clean your makeup brushes?
I’m so terrible about this, honestly. You should clean them every time you use them, and deep clean them weekly. I usually deep clean mine every 2-3 weeks. Terrible, I know.
55. How do you clean your makeup brushes?
Dawn dish soap mixed in warm water.
56. What are some inexpensive makeup brushes?
Nyx, e.l.f., Soho, Eco Tools, Sigma
57. Do you prefer matte or shimmer eyeshadows?
58. Do you prefer matte or dewy skin?
59. Do you prefer matte or shiny lipstick / lipgloss?
I love the look of matte lipsticks, but as I have dry lips, I can’t use it. So, I go for a satin finish.
60. When did you start wearing makeup?
When I was 13 or 14.
61. Who taught you to put on makeup?
62. What if your favorite brand of makeup?
It varies. L’oreal is amazing, so is Nyx, Milani, MAC, Urban Decay…
63. What product do you never leave home without?
64. If you only had $50 dollars for makeup, what would you buy?
I’d raid the Wet N Wild aisle. Lol!
65. Who is your favorite beauty guru on youtube?
MakeupbyTiffanyD or jLovesMac
66. How long do you take to get ready in the morning?
15-20 minutes for makeup…my hair is a whole other story as it’s completely unmanageable.
67. What online makeup store is your favorite?
Cherry Culture is amazing.
69. How long should you keep a product?
It depends. I plan to do an entire post on this.
70. What product are you hoping to buy next?
More of the L’oreal Infallible eyeshadows, Milani liquid liners, another tube of my beloved Too Faced Beauty Balm. There are so many!