Yet another lipstick post, because I’m obsessed. This is a post I’ve been dying to write, because I LOVE the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream.
I currently own 6 of the shades, but there are 22 shades that I know of, so I still have more to buy.
Here are the six I currently own:
From left to right:
Transylvania, Prague, Addis Ababa, Antwerp, Instanbul, Sydney
I have a pretty wide range as far as colors go.
All of these smell like vanilla cake frosting, in case you were wondering.
The packaging is cute; it’s a lip gloss tube, with matte, rubber handles. It comes with a doe foot applicator, and application is fairly simple with this.
These are mostly opaque on one swipe with the exception of Transylvania and Sydney.
These two apply somewhat streaky, so you’ll need to either use a lip liner underneath which I recommend anyway, or layer it 2-3 times.
Here are some swatches!
Left to right:
Transylvania, Prague, Addis Ababa, Antwerp, Istanbul, Sydney
Here’s a quick rundown of the shades I own:
- Transylvania is a very vampy shade. It’s a deep purple, with slightly berry undertones. It matches MAC Nightmoth lip liner really well.
- Prague is a beautiful berry shade.
- Addis Ababa is a hot pink color with cooler undertones.
- Antwerp is a hot coral-pink with warm undertones.
- Istanbul is a lighter pink with a warm undertone. In this photo it is not showing true to color while the rest are pretty close. I’m posting a photo below that isn’t the best quality, but it shows Istanbul closer to the true color.
- Sydney is a blue-toned barbie pink. It’s lighter and brighter than the photo.
These take around 10-15 minutes to dry completely, but once they’re dry they don’t budge. They will last through food and drink, but you’ll want to touch up. They’re not difficult to remove, which is nice. I recommend having moisturized lips; dry flakes will peek through some of the shades.
These are slightly drying, but it’s a matte lip color, that’s to be expected. The color range is wonderful; there’s a nice range of light to dark, every day to night-time appropriate colors. I find I reach for these more than any other lip product, and I intend to buy more of them.
You can find these at Ulta or anywhere that sells Nyx products for around $6 each, which is a steal.
These are pretty popular at the moment and can be slightly difficult to find, especially the shade Transylvania. They’re totally worth searching for! The Ulta where I live typically has most of them in stock, and they’re usually in stock on Ulta’s website as well.
If you’re looking for a great matte lip color, this is where you need to start.
Which shades do you own?
Thanks so much for reading!