It seems that lately everyone wants bigger lips.
I think we can thank Kylie Jenner for that. We won’t really discuss her though, as I’m far from a fan.
I wanted to give you a few of my tips on how to make your lips appear larger.
- First of all, exfoliate your lips before applying lip products. Lipstick on top on dry, flaky lips is not attractive. Ever.
- Apply chapstick to keep your lips moisturized.
- Apply a lip plumper. I have two that I like, City Lips Lip Plumper and Bliss Fabulips. The City Lips plumper has collagen in it as well, which helps to smooth lip lines & is supposed to make your lips a little larger over time. I apply this before I go to bed every night. I have definitely noticed the lines in my lips are less noticeable and they’re slightly plumper than they were. I really like it, and it doesn’t tingle.
- The Bliss Fabulips is a typical plumper, which I apply about 10 minutes before I put on my lipstick. It gives them a plumper look for sure.
- Dust contour powder under your bottom lip. Make sure you blend it well, so it’s not visibly obvious.
- Apply a highlight powder to your cupids bow.
- Overline your lips, but only minimally. Overlining your lips is perfectly fine & can even look natural, as long as you don’t line too far outside of your natural lip line. Going outside of that can give you clown lips. Do you really want clown lips?
- Use a lip liner one shade darker than your lipstick.
- Apply a lighter color to the center of your lips. This gives them a highlighted effect which makes them appear larger.
- Use a gloss. Lip glosses will always make your lips look larger.