*Some products mentioned in this post were sent to me, free of charge for review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest*
This post is super appropriate since yesterday was the first day of Summer. Because of this, I think it’s the perfect time to share my summer essentials with you.
I’ll be doing a separate post on sweatproof/waterproof makeup soon.
I tried to really narrow this down, but there was still quite a bit, so let’s get started.
I’ll start with the face products:
- Urban Decay All Nighter Spray : This is pretty self explanatory, but setting spray not only takes away any powdery-ness from your makeup, but it also makes it last so much longer/
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush Rose Champagne : I don’t wear blush all of the time, but this has been my go-to recently. It’s pretty natural with a slight glowiness to it. It’s similar to MAC Warm Soul.
- IT Cosmetics IT-O2 Foundation : I included multiple foundations for different reasons. This is a long-wearing, hydrating, glowy, medium coverage foundation. Hands down my favorite foundation I’ve ever used and it holds up so well in the heat. I recommend this one for days where you want a little more coverage.
- IT Cosmetics Creme Illuminizer : This is a great cream highlight that lasts all day. It’s great as a base for a powder or on it’s own for a natural, lit-from-within effect. This is a cooler-toned, pearl shade.
- Pur Cosmetics Sun-Kissed Strobe Palette(top) : This is a cream highlight palette with three shades. The first is a gorgeous golden highlight that is perfect on it’s own or as a base for a powder. The second shade is a peach with gold shimmer and the third is a warm toned bronze.
- Pur Cosmetics Hydra Fluid Foundation : This is the second of the three foundations I wanted to discuss today. This is a great light coverage foundation, and since it’s more water-based, serum like, it’s great for light foundation days and feels just like your own skin.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal : Opal is one of my favorite powder highlights and my absolute favorite for summer when I’m a little more tan. It’s so gorgeous and I feel like it’s under-hyped at this point since Champagne Pop pretty much stole the world. Opal is still my favorite.
- Lorac Sheer Pore-fection Foundation : This is the last of the three that I wanted to talk about. This is another light-medium coverage foundation that just leaves your skin looking healthy and pretty. It does a good job of hiding your pores and holds up well in the heat.
- Pur Cosmetics Glow Together Jumbo Bronzer : This is the perfect bronzer to give you a summer glow. It warms up your skin but isn’t orange and it’s huge so it will last you forever.
- Too Faced HangoveRx Primer : This is my all-time favorite primer. It’s so hydrating and refreshing.
- Nars Pro Eye Primer : There is no other eye primer that compares to this. No matter how hot I get, this primer never fails.
- Nars Larger Than Life Eye Liner : This eyeliner does not budge from my waterline. It’s so dark, creamy and lasts all day.
- Colourpop Pencil Liner Cry Baby : I love this lavender liner for days where I want some color. It’s easy to apply and lasts really well, even in my waterline.
- Lorac Alter Ego Lip Glosses : I didn’t picture the lipsticks, but they are wonderful as well. I love how pigmented and not sticky these glosses are.
- It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Vitality Lip Flush : I’m obsessed with this lip gloss. It looks like a baby pink in the tube but it actually deepens to a nice pink shade on your lips and is perfect for natural makeup days.
- IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara : This mascara is great. I love to use it before my regular mascara as it’s so small and gives the appearance that you tightlined without having to tightline. Seriously, it doesn’t get better than that.
- Nyx Micro Brow Pencil : This is a great, affordable brow pencil and it stays put!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills World Traveler Palette : I could spend days talking about all of the great summer eyeshadows, but since I personally gravitate toward warmer shades with some pops of color, I decided on this palette. I refrained from pulling about a ton of Makeup Geek shadows since they are my favorite formula, ever but I’ll be doing a Makeup Geek Must Haves soon enough.