*Products mentioned were sent for review, opinions are my own*
Urban Decay recently released a brand new mascara called the Troublemaker Mascara. It has a few claims we need to discuss and we will also talk about the packaging, in case that’s important to you.
Mascara is a product I tend to have trouble reviewing. Sometimes it takes a few applications before I can decide if I like a mascara or not. This mascara is one that I’ve used quite a few times and really thought about, because does only does it have to perform well but it has to be worth the price.
So, what are the claims of the Troublemaker Mascara?
Troublemaker claims to give 13.7x the lash volume. It claims to make your lashes look longer and thicker, and it claims to be sex proof, which is an interesting claim. It also claims to be extremely black and to never clump.
The packaging is gorgeous. The mascara tube looks like an oil slick and I love that. It does pick up finger prints easily, but they wipe right off. It’s also quite a heavy tube. The packaging is on point.
The wand is strange. I typically don’t love these types of wands, I prefer the ones like Too Faced Better Than Sex with the fat brush with a ton of bristles. The wand is specially designed with precision hooks to separate lashes, curl lashes, and apply the perfect amount of product. It’s also designed to get even the tiniest lashes on the inner corner.
As I mentioned above, the formula is meant to lengthen and thicken lashes without clumping. It’s also “sex-proof” which I can only assume means it’s sweat proof or water resistant. This contains hollow silica and ultralight fibers to volumize your lashes as well as Vitamin E and Panthenol to condition.
I’ve been using this for a little over a week and I’ve come to a few conclusions:
- The packaging is amazing. Seriously, love the design.
- The wand is questionable. It’s not my favorite wand BUT it does separate and curl my lashes, so I can’t be mad at it. At the same time, if you accidentally poke yourself with it, it hurts.
- The formula is super black and pigmented.
- It does not flake or smudge, even in over 100 degree F heat. Even if I don’t set my under eye concealer, it won’t smudge onto it. It also doesn’t run.
- It comes off easily with makeup remover.
- The fibers are so light, you don’t feel them. They also don’t fall off onto your face or in your eyes.
- It does not clump. I’ve put on 3 coats and it didn’t clump.
- It doesn’t build up super well.
- You have to work at it. It takes a little finesse to get really good results, but that’s not a deal-breaker.
- It volumizes and lengthens, but it’s nothing crazy.