*Products mentioned were sent for review, opinions are my own*
The Urban Decay Vice Metal Meets Matte Palette is part of the Heavy Metals Collection. This collection includes the Heavy Metals Palette that I’ve reviewed earlier this week, as well as six new Heavy Metals Glitter Liners.
The Vice Metal Meets Matte Palette includes twelve shades. There are six matte shades and their six corresponding metallic shade. This palette ranges from nudes to bright, similar to the Heavy Metals palette.
The packaging is awesome. I love how sturdy the palette is and it snaps shut so there are no worries of it popping open randomly. It has a mirror on the inside as well as a lip brush. This palette is small enough to fit in a bag, if you so choose. In addition, it has a cover inside of the palette over the lipsticks that snaps shut for more security.
Let’s discuss the shades in the Metal Meets Matte Palette.
- BANGER: Metallic deep oxblood (metallized)
- AMULET: Metallic brick rose (metallized)
- FAST TALK: Metallic mauve-nude pink (metallized)
- BIG BANG: Metallic hot pink (metallized)
- MAD: Metallic bright purple (metallized)
- SPARK: Metallic bright red (metallized)
- CSB: Matte dark berry (comfort matte)
- TAME: Matte medium nude-pink (comfort matte)
- BACKTALK: Matte mauve-nude pink (comfort matte)
- DOUBLE TEAM: Matte pale pink with blue undertone (comfort matte)
- SHALLOW: Matte lavender (comfort matte)
- 714: Matte bright red (mega matte)
This palette has a great variety of shades included and there are a lot of looks you can get from this. I like how diverse the shades are and I appreciate that there are two separate finishes for even more options.
These shades are smooth, pigmented, and opaque. I didn’t have any streaks or unevenness. The matte shades lasted longer than the metallic ones but they lasted well enough. I can easily get 4 hours of wear out of these without needing a touch up and the mattes aren’t dry. I didn’t experience any grittiness with the metallics either.
We are all more than aware at this point that I typically cringe at lip palettes. They’re generally not practical for the average person. However, this one I can get on board with. It’s much more travel friendly and secure than the other lip palettes I’ve seen on the market. Will I use this everyday and carry it around with me? Of course not. Carrying around a lip palette all of the time is a little extra, and not always practical. If I’m going to take a lip palette, however, it’s going to be this one.
What’s your favorite shade from the palette?
You can find it at Urban Decay, Ulta, & Sephora.
Thanks for reading!