I’m a little late but we’re going to talk about my 2017 favorites and unfavorites.
I’m trying to make this as short as possible, so we’ll start with my 2017 favorites. Quick disclaimer, these will be favorite & not so favorite products that I used this year. That doesn’t necessarily mean they released this year. At the end, I’ll list products for every category I don’t go into detail on, because this would be horrendously large if we discussed each product.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette – I don’t think this needs an explanation, but it’s become my go to palette. I’m obsessed with warm orange and red tones and that’s what this palette encompasses. There is a good mix of mattes and shimmers and there is a nice variety in the looks you can achieve. The formula is SO much better than the other Naked palettes and I can’t imagine not having it.
- It Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact – In the end of last year and beginning of this year, I was seriously struggling with acne and felt I needed to have a full coverage foundation. During that time, I basically exclusively used the Confidence in a Compact. It’s not heavy, but the coverage is good. It didn’t cake up and it looked nice all day on my dry skin.
- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination Cream – I’m pretty much attached to this. It offers medium coverage, it’s dewy, and it feels like nothing on your skin. The only negative is the shade range.
- ABH Moonchild Palette – Even though the Aurora palette from ABH released this year, I still prefer Moonchild. They’re both gorgeous palettes and I’m obsessed with them both, but I absolutely prefer Moonchild as the colors are lighter and have much less glitter.
- Urban Decay Shapeshifter Palette – It seems I’m on a roll with palettes, but I love this one. Whether I’m doing a light or intense contour, this palette has everything I need.
- Urban Decay Velvetizer Powder – This is the softest powder I have ever touched. I use it to set my under eyes because it has the slightest yellow tint that brightens and looks like nothing. It’s so light and smooth, it makes you look airbrushed.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Fuel – I decided to actually choose a specific lipstick this year and Fuel from the Naked Heat collection was by far my most worn. It’s just the perfect nude shade.
- Jesse’s Girl Blending Sponge – I really didn’t expect to include a makeup sponge but I’m obsessed with this one. It’s very comparable to the Beauty Blender, but it actually gets a little bigger and has a flat side. The best part? It’s only $3.99.
- Pur Cosmetics Pro Highlight Palette – This was included in the holiday collection and even though I received it closer to the end of the year, I couldn’t put it down. I know I already listed one highlight palette, but this one is more natural and I felt it needed to be included. There are six colors in the palette, all have different undertones and are super gorgeous.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer – I received the All Nighter concealer too late in the year to include it, but I’m totally obsessed with the Naked Skin Concealer. It’s natural, light, and dewy.
- Pixi Glow Powders – This was a collaboration with Aspyn Ovard, and I’m obsessed. Rome Rose and London Lustre are my absolute faves. The powders are smooth and pigmented but don’t look powdery.
- Essence Make Me Brow Gel
- Pixi Glow Booster Liquid Highlight
- Urban Decay Heavy Metals Palette
- Urban Decay Self Adjusting Primer
- Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist
- Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray
- It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Soft Stain Gloss
- It Cosmetics Ombre Bronzer
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liners
- It Cosmetics Super Hero Liner
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation – I wanted to love this foundation and at first, I did. However, it seriously broke out my skin so it’s a no-go.
- Jesse’s Girl White Liquid Liner – This was awesome, the first time I used it. It immediately dried out and I could never use it again. So the search for the white liquid liner continues.
- Pur Cosmetics MLP Stick Highlight – These were so cute and swatched so well but they’re really stiff and almost chunky, so they don’t apply well. They move your makeup around and are just extremely difficult to work with.
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation – I know, everyone loves it. I constantly hear people raving about this foundation and I SO wanted to love it but I don’t. It separates and looks cakey, no matter what I try to do. I’ve tried different primers, different ways of applying it…it just doesn’t work for me.